School Consulting Practice
Dr. Offner is available to schools, colleges and non-profit organizations for guidance about student mental health, educational programming and institutional policy. Dr. Offner also presents to parent, student and professional groups on a range of topics related to
adolescent and young adult development
education (school-family relationships, learning differences, secondary school and college transitions)
Her services include
- weekly or monthly supervision for middle and secondary school counselors, and college counseling center interns or staff.
- single-case or policy consultation to wellness and student affairs teams
- suicidality and self injury
- understanding mental health needs across a diverse student body
- developing an effective medical leave policy
- professional development for faculty and staff
- how teachers, nurses, coaches can support all students' mental health needs
- professional boundaries for educators
- educational forums for parents
- stress management during the secondary school or college admissions process
- understanding your teenager's mental health
RECENT AND UPCOMING APPEARANCES
January 11, 2018
The Rivers School Professional Development
Professional development for academic advisors, teachers, administrators, coaches re: essential knowledge & best practices in student mental health.
October 5, 2017
Brookline Center for Community Mental Health Professional Development
"Kids in Context(s): Partnering with Parents and Schools"
Professional development program for clinical social workers re: forging effective relationships with parents and schools in child and adolescent psychotherapy.
May 4, 2017
Association of Independent Schools New England (AISNE) Professional Development
2nd Annual Health & Wellness Symposium
Two interactive workshops for school counselors, classroom teachers, school administrators and school medical personnel on mental health in the classroom; anxiety and depression in K-12 population.
March 1, 2017
Wakefield, MA Professional Development
Wakefield Public Schools Systemwide Meeting
In-service training for school psychologists, guidance counselors, psychology interns, and school administrators on eating disorders in K-12 population.
December 21, 2016
Austin Preparatory School Professional Development
In-service training for middle and upper school counselors, college counselors, and senior administrators on school mental health policy and practice, including management of student medical leaves.
October 25, 2016
Walnut Hill School for the Arts Assembly Presentation
All-school Assembly speech to students re: depression awareness and suicide prevention.